[Spacewalk-list] odd issue after postgres upgrade (from 8.4 > 9.3)

Andy Ingham andy.ingham at duke.edu
Fri Jul 18 14:26:17 UTC 2014

For the most part, things look good and all functionality seems to be
happy after my postgres upgrade EXCEPT this one interesting issue:

The running of a "remote command" FUNCTIONS correctly, however, the output
in the webUI when one visits [System name] > Events > History > "Run an
arbitrary script scheduled by XXXX"

no longer shows the command / script that was run, but rather displays a
hex string like:
x23212f62696e2f73680a73657276696365206175746f66732072657374617274

Likewise, the "output" (whether raw or filtered) displays as hex, rather
than as something useful / readable.

Sure seems that the data in the postgres db is now being stored in a new
format or with a new data type.

Anyone seen anything like this or have ideas about why I'm seeing this?

Best wishes,
Andy

Andy Ingham
IT Infrastructure