[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk client version 2.2 - System Overview not showing configuration file counts

Ryan Clough ryan.clough at dsic.com
Mon Jul 21 19:35:51 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

We recently deployed Spacewalk to manage our Scientific Linux 6
workstations and servers. We have successfully upgraded to version 2.2 on
the Spacewalk server and all clients. Thanks to everyone who worked on the
new features, especially Action chaining and IPA integration, they are
fantastic. Also, the recent patches to fix the configuration compare bugs
are working nicely for us, thank you very much.

I would like to bring to light an issue we have noticed with version 2.2
clients who are registered to the Spacewalk server for the first time. When
the 2.2 version client registers it is put into the correct configuration
channel based on the Activation Key specified but, even after the
configuration files have been deployed, the System Overview page does not
show the configuration file counts. This is true for all of our clients
registered using the 2.2 version of the client. Clients registered with the
2.1 version show up correctly in the System Overview page but, once
upgraded to 2.2, the configuration file count is not updated on the System
Overview page. Now, to be clear, if I look at the details of the version
2.2 registered clients in the Spacewalk web interface, the number of
managed configuration files is correct and, thanks to the recent patches,
also report, correctly, whether or not configuration file differences exist.

Has anyone seen this issue? Not a showstopper for us but we would like to
pass along our observations and are happy to supply any information about
our setup that might help to determine the issue.

Thanks,
--
Ryan Clough

--
Ryan Clough
619-672-1926
<http://www.decisionsciencescorp.com/>

--
This communication is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any