[Spacewalk-list] SSL Certificates

Matthew Madey mattmadey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 15:22:09 UTC 2014

I referenced this site when initially looking into third party certificates
with Spacewalk:
http://www.marsdominion.com/2013/02/01/configuring-a-rhn-satellite-server-with-a-third-party-cert/

For my configuratoin (weighted load balancer for failover), I was able to
simply append our company's Root CA cert to the end of the
RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT file and distribute it to clients. This requires
that you have reverse DNS resolution on the VIP.

Unless you are doing load balancing\failover, I'd recommend using the self
signed certificate.. it's much easier and will probably save you a lot of
headache with OSAD\Jabberd configuration.