[Spacewalk-list] Channel Recommendation - Best Practice

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro waldirio at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 07:03:45 UTC 2014

Hi Matthew, good morning

Thanks for your reply, in fact this is what I normally recommend and do,
but not automatically, in my point of view the manager have to check if
there are new packages in base channel (erratas), but accessing by cloned
channel and adding erratas (first in dev channels, tests and after that,
homolog and production channel).

The idea of this post is really hear our friends about what normally they
do when talking about freezed channel and erratas sync. We have different
kind of clients with different scenarios, so we have clients where they
don't do update, still in the same version without erratas, other apply
only security packages, other only fix packages when there are know bugs
..., so I would like to share this knowledge.

Thanks for your contribution.

B' Regards
Waldirio

Atenciosamente