[Spacewalk-list] Kickstarts disappearing after reboot & not working

Howard Coles hcoles at dollargeneral.com
Mon Jun 2 12:33:43 UTC 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Milan Zázrivec
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2014 3:15 AM
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Kickstarts disappearing after reboot & not working

On Saturday 31 May 2014 07:03:36 Avi Miller wrote:
> Hey Howard,
>
> On 30 May 2014, at 11:27 pm, Howard Coles <hcoles at dollargeneral.com> wrote:
> > I found instructions all over the web for how to "create
> > kickstartable trees on Spacewalk" for various distros, CentOS has a
> > pretty good set of instructions that worked as well.
> Yep, I’ve followed the same instructions for creating kickstart trees
> from the ISOs myself. I was more looking for instructions on how to
> provide an upstream repository that Spacewalk could consume directly.
>
> I guess I’ll have to dig into Cobbler a bit more and see how it works
> under the hood.

Isn't

    spacewalk-repo-sync --sync-kickstart

just the functionality you're looking for?

-MZ

Yes, but if the upstream repo doesn't have a Kickstartable tree setup in the Repo, that command will fail.  I tried to do that on Oracle's Repos and it wouldn't do it.  :D
I'm not sure how to create the upstream side, maybe some of the guys at Red Hat could chime in on that one.

See Ya’
Howard Coles Jr.