[Spacewalk-list] packages.search command do not appear to be working for custom packages

John Riker threezerous at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 23:01:29 UTC 2014

I updated spacewalk to version and 2.1 and the following APIs seem to
return empty strings for custom packages.

packages.search.advanced
packages.search.name
packages.search.nameAndDescription.

They work fine for standard packages such as strace, but when I provide a
custom package name, the result returns 0 records. The user I tried the API
does have access to the repository and packages. I confirmed the packages
are found by the same user logged in through GUI. Apparently this issue was
also reported by another user to the spacewalk mailing list a few days ago.
http://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2014-May/msg00118.html

Has anybody found a solution to this issue?

Thanks much