[Spacewalk-list] installing package updates

Andy Ingham andy.ingham at duke.edu
Wed Jun 4 20:03:05 UTC 2014

I've always found the OSAD mechanism to be a bit of a dark art.  But, "yes", you should have an SSL cert on each registered host.  Mine is at  /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT .

Have a look also at your /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad.conf file.  Especially these directives:

proto =
osa_ssl_cert =

And, obviously, remember that you need the osa-dispatcher functioning properly on the spacewalk server itself.

That's likely the extent of my ability to help.  Other folks on the list may understand the inner workings better.

Andy