[Spacewalk-list] switching from local repository to spacewalk-based repository -- errors

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Mar 7 09:02:35 UTC 2014

Andy Ingham wrote:
% Michael --
%
% Here's what is returned by yum on the machine (note no indication of
% packages available for upgrade):
%
% Installed Packages
% postgresql91.x86_64
% 9.1.9-1PGDG.rhel6                                   @pgdg91
% postgresql91-contrib.x86_64
% 9.1.9-1PGDG.rhel6                                   @pgdg91
% postgresql91-devel.x86_64
% 9.1.9-1PGDG.rhel6                                   @pgdg91
% postgresql91-libs.x86_64
% 9.1.9-1PGDG.rhel6                                   @pgdg91
% postgresql91-server.x86_64
% 9.1.9-1PGDG.rhel6                                   @pgdg91
%
% So essentially seeking the 9.1.9-1PGDG >> 9.1.12-1PGDG updates that
% spacewalk says are available (as mentioned below).
%
% FWIW, I'm running SW 2.0 with all SW client packages updated.
%
% TIA for any possible insight!

Well, I have no idea what's the problem. I'd try:
- run yum clean all and yum update on the client to see whether it can
  see updates,
- also after scheduling updates you can also run rhn_check -vvv to see
  more detailed debug messages,
- check /var/cache/rhn/repodata/pgdg91/primary.xml.gz on server which
  version of postgresql91 is in,
and
- check last repo generation date in channel detail in webUI
- and maybe check taskomatic log.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat