[Spacewalk-list] [SOLVED] Re: switching from local repository to spacewalk-based repository -- errors

Andy Ingham andy.ingham at duke.edu
Wed Mar 12 16:01:59 UTC 2014

[FINALLY SOLVED]

The problem was nothing more than having an EXCLUDE statement in
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf

Changing:

	[main]
	enabled = 1
	gpgcheck = 1
	exclude=*postgresql*

To:
	[main]
	enabled = 1
	gpgcheck = 1

And restarting rhnsd (for good measure) led to success.

FYI!

Andy

On 3/7/14 3:07 PM, "Andy Ingham" <andy.ingham at duke.edu> wrote:

Michael --

I've tried all of the things you mention as well as re-registering the
client to the spacewalk server, to no avail.

I suspect that my only option at this point is to completely uninstall
postgres via yum and then reinstall it via spacewalk.

Not exactly the smooth transition I'd been hoping for as the precedent for
my other postgres servers.

Thanks for the ideas!

Andy