[Spacewalk-list] Client machine update issue without internet

Dhaval Oza dhaval.oza at i-link.co.in
Fri Mar 14 06:44:00 UTC 2014

On 03/13/2014 04:03 PM, Stuart Green wrote:

>> Dear Sir,
>>
>> We have configured and installed  Spacewalk Server 2.2  nightly on
>> Centos 6.5 & spacewalk client machine. All things are working
>> perfectly fine on server side also the client side tool has been
>> installed on server to communicate with client machine with
>> activation key for getting updates from spacewalk server but the
>> problem is when i stop internet connection on client machine we are
>> not getting any updates and also when I trigger "yum repolist"
>> command on client machine it shows  0 packages available.
>>
>> My problem is what to configure on client machine so I can get all
>> the updates from spacewalk server without internet connection.
>>
>> And also let me know what to do on client machine and which file we
>> have to check and do the changes accordingly .
>>
>> It will be grateful if any one can help us in solving the issue.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Dhaval Oza.

> Sir... How very nice :)
>
> Are the clients registered in the gui, if so it should show what
> packages can be updated on the clients?
>
> Stuart

Hi Stuart,

We are registered clients on Spacewalk Server.

My Spacewalk Server IP is 192.168.12.52

Below are the Client side configuration detail :

#########Client Side Configuration  ##########

rpm -Uvhhttp://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/2.1-client/RHEL/6/x86_64/spacewalk-client-repo-2.1-2.el6.noarch.rpm
BASEARCH=$(uname -i)
rpm -Uvhhttp://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/$BASEARCH/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm

###Activate your clinet system####

rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=http://192.168.12.52/XMLRPC  --activationkey=<Key-with-rhel-custom-channel>

#####Install packages to enable Configuration File Management####
yum --y install osad rhncfg rhncfg-actions rhncfg-client rhncfg-managemen

#####Install the Spacewalk Organization Cert on the Client####
wget -O /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERThttp://192.168.12.52/pub/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT

rhn-actions-control --enable-all
rhn-actions-control --report

#####Start osad service so that remote actions are executed quickly rather than waiting for the systems to check in:

yum install osad*
yum install jabber*
service osad start
chkconfig osad on

/usr/bin/perl -p -i -e "s/osa_ssl_cert =/osa_ssl_cert = \/usr\/share\/rhn\/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT/g" /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad.conf