[Spacewalk-list] Problem kickstarting using a Software Package Profile

Andy Ingham andy.ingham at duke.edu
Wed Mar 19 13:23:15 UTC 2014

I'm using Spacewalk 2.0 (NOT 2.1) and have just begun creating kickstart
profiles for provisioning

I've worked out most bugs, but am stuck on something similar to what was
reported about a year ago ===>

(See
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2013-April/msg00103.html )

Namely, when I configure the KS profile to include a package profile to
use (Software > Package Profiles), the sync-ing of packages always fails
as part of the KS.  If I immediately turn around and MANUALLY run the
package sync, it works fine.

The newly provisioned system IS getting proper channel subscriptions (for
the packages it needs to sync) AND is also getting the proper GPG keys for
the packages in those channels.

Attempts to add a "pre" script as described at the URL above have been
unsuccessful, although I do suspect the issue is related to the proper
repos not being available at the point in time when they are actually
needed.

Any ideas?

Andy

Andy Ingham