[Spacewalk-list] Problems with System Set Manager

Andy Ingham andy.ingham at duke.edu
Wed Mar 26 13:47:55 UTC 2014

Daniel --

I've not noticed that particular problem, but I've similarly noticed some
issues with SSM in spacewalk 2.0.

MY issue is that I will define systems for SSM, go to the package update
function, schedule ALL systems (in the SSM subset) to do all available
updates.  They get scheduled and executed, with spacewalk reporting that
"all succeeded".  When I navigate back to the SSM, though, I find that
there are systems that still have outdated packages!  Near as I can tell,
it seems to be based upon different OS versions, meaning that, for
instance, all the CentOS *6* hosts will be fully updated, but the CentOS
*5* servers within the SSM subset don't actually get their updates.

Solution is to simply schedule and execute the bulk update again, but I
don't recall this hiccup previous to version 2.0

Andy

On 3/19/14 5:37 AM, "Daniel Souvignier"