[Spacewalk-list] Incorrect timezone in new 2.1 date / time picker.

Ron Helzer helzerr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 16:05:01 UTC 2014

There's only one other GMT-0500 timezone choice available (Indiana), where
they don't observe DST... That, in conjunction with the fact that there
were no DST issues pre-2.1, would suggest to me that the GMT-0500 (Eastern)
setting should account for EDT/EST change.

Are you suggesting I'm supposed to change the preference twice a year to
manually account for DST?

On Friday, March 28, 2014, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. <dmacvicar at suse.de> wrote:

> On 28/03/14 16:39, Ron Helzer wrote:
>
> (GMT-0500) United States (Eastern)
>

> So you have configured for your user EST, but in reality you are in EDT,
> Spacewalk thinks you are EST and schedules according to that?.
> What is wrong?
>
> Duncan
>

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. <dmacvicar at suse.de<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','dmacvicar at suse.de');>
> > wrote:
>
>>  On 27/03/14 19:30, Ron Helzer wrote:
>> > When attempting to schedule tasks in 2.1, I've noticed they are
>> > delayed by an hour. The reason seems to be that the new date / time
>> > picker in 2.1 thinks I'm in EST, when it's currently EDT. There seems
>> > to be no way to change the timezone being used by the new dialog...
>> >
>> > I've never had issues with time on this Spacewalk server in the past
>> > (since ver 1.1 or so) - is there a new configuration option for this
>> > somewhere that I'm just not seeing?
>> >

>>  What timezone do you have configured in
>> /rhn/account/LocalePreferences.do ?
>>
>> --
>> Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - http://www.suse.com/
>>
>> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix
>> Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
>> Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
>>

> --
> Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - http://www.suse.com/
>
> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
> Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany

--
Ronald J. Helzer
helzerr at gmail.com
407-459-1550