[Spacewalk-list] migrating to postgresql issue

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Mon May 5 09:32:03 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 09:51:09AM +0200, Milan Zázrivec wrote:
> On Friday 02 May 2014 12:29:08 Espinola, Derek - 0663 - MITLL wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running spacewalk 2.1 with an oracle db 11.2.  As I go through the
> > steps of migrating to postgresql, when making the oracle dump I get an
> > error because it can't read /etc/sysconfig/rhn/schema-dump.  This directory
> > is missing on my installation of spacewalk. Anyone have this issue when
> > migrating?  Is there a way around this?
>
> What does your error look like exactly?

error: file /etc/sysconfig/rhn/schema-dump: No such file or directory

It comes from that rpm -qf command. Maybe

	https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/PostgreSQLFromOracle

should have

	spacewalk-dump-schema --raw > /tmp/spacewalk-oracle.dump

as The dumper command there? The database connect parameters are
likely not needed while --raw is.

Alternatively, the script could default $raw to 1 if that directory
does not exist (== we are on Spacewalk).

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat