[Spacewalk-list] Automatically Registering VM Clones as Spacewalk Clients

Glennie, Jonathan - 0443 - MITLL jrglenni at ll.mit.edu
Mon May 5 17:22:49 UTC 2014

I added a simple script in rc.local that first checks to make sure it is not still the gold image hostname (to avoid unnecessary spacewalk joins when booting the image to perform maintenance) and then execute the join script if it is needed.  The join script is a simple two-liner that runs the rhnreg_ks command with the appropriate key and then removes the entries from rc.local so it doesn’t re-run on subsequent boots.

It’s pretty rudimentary and not very pretty, but it does the job so I’m happy.  Thanks everyone!

BTW, props to the Spacewalk devs on the new GUI.  It has a nice feel to it and looks pretty sharp!