[Spacewalk-list] Ignore Patches by System Group

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri May 16 07:43:26 UTC 2014

Nick Kitmitto wrote:
% Is it possible for me to tell Spacewalk to ignore a specific package by system group?
%
% For example, if HR doesn't want the new PHP package, their system group ignores it.  While our developers' system group does want it they install it.

Hi Nick,

There's no direct way how to ignore a package. You can achieve it by
a) don't install PHP package on HR machine at all,
b) put PHP package to exclude in yum.conf on HR machines,
c) create cloned base channel without PHP package and register HR
   machines there.

% Thanks,
%
% Nick Kitmitto