[Spacewalk-list] placing Satellite behind a VIP

wm-lists wm-lists at nixpeeps.com
Fri May 16 16:36:07 UTC 2014

I'm in the process of placing my satellite server and its passive backup at
our DR location behind a VIP address (rhn.domain.net).  The VIP will
forward traffic to whichever satellite is running (DR or Primary).  I've
already got the failover/backup db part figured out.
What I'm trying to figure out is whether I need to do a
spacewalk-hostname-rename on the primary satellite server and give it the
new VIP name or is there a better process for this.

The idea is that I can configure the DR server w/ the same SSL
configuration, restore the current db backup to the DR location and start
up satellite there in the event something happens to our primary server.

Any thoughts about how to handle this?

Thanks!
Will