[Spacewalk-list] 2.1 client setup, yum and add package

Matthew Madey mattmadey at gmail.com
Sat May 17 14:45:15 UTC 2014

If the client isn't connected to the internet directly, make sure you've
removed any old repo's under /etc/yum.repos.d/, as it may be trying to pull
from that repo instead of Spacewalk.

You shouldn't need to modify anything under /etc/yum/pluginconf.d. Looks
like the client had an issue downloading repodata from the Spacewalk
server. This is cached in Spacewalk under /var/cache/rhn/repodata. Make
sure /var/cache/rhn is owned by apache.root, Verify taskomatic is running
and has built the necessary repodata for your
channel. /var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log. I've seen that error
happen before when taskomatic was currently building the necessary repodata
for the channel.