[Spacewalk-list] Running Remote Commands with ">>" In Script

Ree, Jan-Albert van J.A.v.Ree at marin.nl
Mon May 19 17:44:50 UTC 2014

I can confirm this behavour since the latest 2.1  release ; 2.0 did not show this behavior.
I haven't had time to fully track down this so did not yet submit a bug report but any script I try to execute using a '>' (with shell /bin/bash at least, I never use otherwise) just skips the '>' character.

Makes a lot of tasks quite difficult for us unfortunately, so for now I resort to putting scripts under /var/www/html/pub and fetch+execute those instead...
--
Jan-Albert van Ree

Jan-Albert van Ree
Linux System Administrator
MARIN Support Group
E mailto:J.A.v.Ree at marin.nl
T +31 317 49 35 48

MARIN
2, Haagsteeg, P.O. Box 28, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
T +31 317 49 39 11, F +31 317 49 32 45, I www.marin.nl