[Spacewalk-list] placing Satellite behind a VIP

wm-lists wm-lists at nixpeeps.com
Fri May 23 14:19:16 UTC 2014

Thanks for the response Justin. So I've been messing w/ the rhn-ssl-tool
this morning to generate new webserver certs with SAN's in them.  I can see
 in the .cnf file that the names are there
# pages where one requests the certificate...
subjectAltName          = @alt_names

[alt_names]
DNS.1 =<name1>
DNS.2 =<name2>
DNS.3 =<name3>
DNS.4 = <name4>

and I can see in the associated .csr file that the x509 output has the names
            X509v3 Subject Alternative Name:

But I don't see any output in the .crt file that would indiicate the
existence of SAN's

Should the .crt file have this information in it?

        X509v3 extensions:
            X509v3 Basic Constraints:
                CA:FALSE
            X509v3 Key Usage:
                Digital Signature, Key Encipherment
            X509v3 Extended Key Usage:
                TLS Web Server Authentication, TLS Web Client Authentication
            Netscape Cert Type:
                SSL Server
            Netscape Comment:
                RHN SSL Tool Generated Certificate