[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Client Configuration

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at onpointfc.com
Wed May 28 13:56:50 UTC 2014

On Wed, 28 May 2014 16:13:53 +0530, Dhaval Oza wrote
> Dear Sir,
>
> We have configured and installed  Spacewalk Server 2.1 on Centos 6.5 .
> All things are working perfectly fine on server side.
>
> Now, i want to install the following packages on client side in short we
> have to configure client:
>
> #yum installosad rhncfg rhncfg-actions rhncfg-client rhncfg-management
>
> # yum install rhn-client-tools rhn-check rhn-setup rhnsd m2crypto
> yum-rhn-plugin
>
> Please note that: we do not have internet access on client machine , so
> please let me know how to configure the repo for the same .
>
> It will be grateful if any one can help us in solving the issue.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Dhaval Oza.
>
> --
> believed to be clean.

Dhaval,

If your main issue is downloading and installing the Spacewalk packages on the client,
why don't you down lad them on a box that has Internet connectivity with the command:

yum install --downloadonly --downloaddir=<directory> <package>

then move them over to the client machine, and install them?  From there, follow the
how-to's on client set-up.

HTH.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.