[Spacewalk-list] Configuration Management - Dependencies

Matthew Madey mattmadey at gmail.com
Thu May 29 21:03:10 UTC 2014

You may be able to achieve this using the Configuration Channel ranks under
Activation Keys.. but this will only work when you are first registering
the client to Spacewalk.. once it is registered I don't think you can
achieve what you are trying to do using Configuration Channels.. this
sounds more like a job for Puppet.. you could however put a script that
does what you need as a configuration file, and use Remote Actions to run
it on the selected clients.

I use the API heavily for these kinds of tasks.. there is a great little
python script out there on Github for scheduling remote actions on clients.
Basically all you have to do is create the script you want to run on a
client, and pipe it to this python script:

https://github.com/angrox/spacewalk-api-scripts/tree/master/spacewalk-schedule-scriptrun