[Spacewalk-list] Updating a system

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Nov 7 07:30:30 UTC 2014

Daryl Rose wrote:
% Okay, now that I have a system setup and registered, I'm trying to do an
% update.
%
% I picked one package and selected it to update.  The package is queued, but
% the update has not run.
%
% In a past life, I've used Satellite Server to update Red Hat servers.  I
% used the rhn_check command to force the update.  However, when I tried
% rhn_check on my test server I received Python errors:
%
% This error came from the System History Event record:
%
% Client execution returned "Fatal error in Python code occurred [[6]]" (code
% > -1)

Hi Daryl,

It looks like a bug in yum-rhn-plugin which was fixed by
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2014-1734.html in RHEL.
I don't know if CentOS already released the fix.
Fixed version is yum-rhn-plugin-0.9.1-52.el6_6.

% Three questions.
%
% 1. Any idea what this error is, and how do I correct it?
% 2. Where are the log files located so I can review any errors?
% 3. How log does a package normally get queued before it's pushed out to the
% client?
%
% In reference to the last question. I set the schedule to run at the nearest
% 1/2 hour, but the package was never pushed out to the client.
%
% Thanks.
%
% Daryl