[Spacewalk-list] Updating a system

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 09:55:49 UTC 2014

Daryl Rose wrote:
% Michael,
%
% This is the package version that I have installed:
%
% yum-rhn-plugin-2.2.7-1.el6.noarch
%
% Build date:  July 11, 2014.
%
% Does this package include the bug?  If so, any indication when it will be
% resolved?

This package already contains fix for the RHBA-2014-1734.

Regards,
Michael

% Thanks
%
% Daryl
%
% > % Okay, now that I have a system setup and registered, I'm trying to do an
% > % update.
% > %
% > % I picked one package and selected it to update.  The package is queued, but
% > % the update has not run.
% > %
% > % In a past life, I've used Satellite Server to update Red Hat servers.  I
% > % used the rhn_check command to force the update.  However, when I tried
% > % rhn_check on my test server I received Python errors:
% > %
% > % This error came from the System History Event record:
% > %
% > % Client execution returned "Fatal error in Python code occurred [[6]]" (code
% > % > -1)
% >
% > Hi Daryl,
% >
% > It looks like a bug in yum-rhn-plugin which was fixed by
% > https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2014-1734.html in RHEL.
% > I don't know if CentOS already released the fix.
% > Fixed version is yum-rhn-plugin-0.9.1-52.el6_6.
% >
% > % Three questions.
% > %
% > % 1. Any idea what this error is, and how do I correct it?
% > % 2. Where are the log files located so I can review any errors?
% > % 3. How log does a package normally get queued before it's pushed out to
% > the
% > % client?
% > %
% > % In reference to the last question. I set the schedule to run at the nearest
% > % 1/2 hour, but the package was never pushed out to the client.
% > %
% > % Thanks.
% > %
% > % Daryl