[Spacewalk-list] Postgresql Fails to Start After Datastore Failure

Glennie, Jonathan - 0443 - MITLL jrglenni at ll.mit.edu
Fri Nov 21 20:36:24 UTC 2014

Hello-

Our spacewalk server failed badly the other day when the underlying
datastore went offline.  The system boots but when spacewalk tries to start
up, the postgresql service fails to start.  I have checked /var/log/messages
for any indication as to why, but there is nothing I can find.  I've also
checked in /var/lib/pqsql/pgstatrtup.log but the entries in there seem old
and not relevant to the current situation.

Does anyone know where or how I might go about starting the service in some
kind of debug mode to try and get a better idea of what's going on, or if
there are logs that get saved somewhere that I haven't found yet?  I'm
definitely not very well versed in postgrest DB maintenance or
troubleshooting, so any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.

-Jon