[Spacewalk-list] ISS - check

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro waldirio at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 07:55:48 UTC 2014

Hello friends

I would like to check whit you one simple question, after configure a slave
server, I can get a list of channels from the master and I can sync
channels without problem.

My doubt is, after sync the first time, I have to define the channel name ?!

Let me explain better, I've a server master.local and slave.local, master
have a base channel c1 and  child child_c1, in the slave I did the sync
from base channel c1 and child child_c1 with the command bellow

satellite-sync -c c1 -c child_c1

after completed, I just type satellite-sync to update again and my response
is like bellow

[root at spacewalk2 ~]# satellite-sync
ERROR: No channels currently imported; try satellite-sync --list-channels;
then satellite-sync -c chn0 -c chn1...
[root at spacewalk2 ~]#

Should sync automatically for c1 and child_c1 or not ?!, talking about RHN
Satellite works like this, but I'm not sure in SW.

Thanks!

Atenciosamente
Waldirio
msn: waldirio at gmail.com