[Spacewalk-list] Follow up question to solaris2mpm

Daryl Rose rosede12 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 14:49:20 UTC 2014

I know that I was told that Solaris support will be dropped in future
releases, but I'm still moving forward with trying to make this version
work.

I've figured out that solaris2mpm will work with individual patches, but
not on the Solaris Patch Cluster.  So, my work around is to unzip the
cluster, zip up the individual patches and then run solaris2mpm on those
individual patches.  I now have a directory with mpm files that can be
added to my SpaceWalk server.

According to the documentation, I need to run "rhnpush --server=
http://SW_FQDN/APP --channel=CHANNEL_LABEL *.mpm".  However, when I run
this command, I get prompted for a Red Hat Network username.

This command should be accessing my SW server, not RHN.

Can I copy these file from the client server to the SW server and put them
in the channel that way, or do they have to be copied via the rhnpush
command?

Thanks

Daryl