[Spacewalk-list] Problem Sync'ing a new Channel in Spacewalk.

Szabo, Marc Marc.Szabo at priceline.com
Wed Nov 12 18:40:29 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I'm new to spacewalk and I'm in the process of setting up a spacewalk server.  I believe that I successfully created the Channel (labeled: centos65-base-x86_64) and Repository (centos65-base-x86_64) and linked them via Manage Software Channels.  Now I'm trying to sync the repository from CentOS URL and I get the following error message:

[root at nw-spcwlk-201 ~]# spacewalk-repo-sync --channel centos65-base-x86_64 --url http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/ --type yum
#### Channel label: centos65-base-x86_64 ####
Repo URL: http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/
ERROR: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: centos65-base-x86_64. Please verify its path and try again
Sync completed.
Total time: 0:01:00

What am I missing?

Thank you.