[Spacewalk-list] How to delete packages from an channel

Daryl Rose rosede12 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 17:04:10 UTC 2014

This is a follow up to previous question about configuring the Solaris
Channel.

I blew away the channel(s) that I originally had.  Prior to that I went
into the channel(s) and selected all of the packages, and selected remove,
confirmed the removal and eventually blew away the channels.

After recreating a new channel, I ran the rhnpush command to repopulate the
channel but I received a message telling me that the packages were already
installed.  The channel did get updated, but I now realize that just
because I "remove" the packages, they don't get deleted from the system.  I
want to know how to permanently delete the package?

thanks

Daryl