[Spacewalk-list] Cannot trtrieve reposiitory metadata (repomd.xml)

YANG LI yangli at clemson.edu
Thu Nov 13 21:50:01 UTC 2014

thank you, Avi and all other who  helped.

yes, it is spacewalk client packages issue. the client server is a rhel6. I was register it to spacewalk for OL6 channel. following packages get replaced by upstream OL packages after "yum update" which have broken the yum update from spacewalk:

rhn-client-tools rhn-check rhn-setup rhnsd m2crypto yum-rhn-plugin

after I removed those packages and installed with those from redhat, everything works. does this mean I have to exclude those package ever get updated to make sure yum update will not break from spacewalk?

Thanks,
Yang