[Spacewalk-list] I can now update CentOS

Ethan Bonick ethan.bonick at truqua.com
Fri Nov 14 15:54:12 UTC 2014

Daryl,

If you followed the client registration steps I sent before everything
should work fine. I've done this on the latest CentOS 6 and 7 and had no
problems. Below is a copy of my CentOS 7 steps which are the same for
CentOS 6, just changing the urls and file names for CentOS 6. My initial
install I had the wrong hostname in my SSL cert due to a typo and had to
rebuild it all as the rename didn't work, but from then on I haven't had
any problems. I had similar problems with the SSL cert on the first server,
some things worked and other didn't. If I remember my clients would
register, but then things broke down quickly after that.

sudo rpm -Uvh
http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/2.2-client/RHEL/7/x86_64/spacewalk-client-repo-2.2-1.el7.noarch.rpm

sudo rpm -Uvh
http://mirror.cogentco.com/pub/linux/epel/7/x86_64/e/epel-release-7-2.noarch.rpm

sudo rpm -Uvh http://spacewalk.internal/pub/rhn-org-trusted-ssl-cert-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
<http://spacewalk/pub/rhn-org-trusted-ssl-cert-1.0-1.noarch.rpm>(Your
server in the url here for SSL cert)

sudo yum install spacewalk-client-setup rhncfg-actions osad rhn-setup
fence-agents-all

sudo /usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=http://spacewalk.interal/XMLRPC
--activationkey=YOURACTIVATIONKEY

sudo rhn-actions-control --enable-run (Enables push)

   Ethan Bonick | Information Technology

*TruQua *

*CONFIDENTIAL:  This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be
protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please reply and notify the sender and delete this copy from your system.*