[Spacewalk-list] Virus Scanning during patching of systems

Glen Collins glenc2004 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 18 04:00:13 UTC 2014

Hello all. I'm wondering what the best approach is to turn off virus scanning during patching of a system. Having it turned on while spacewalk patches a system can take a lot longer to complete if it's turned on. I'm wondering what the best approach to automate this and turn it off and back on again after patching. Is there any way I can hard code this in the client rather than running a script every single time. And since I won't be doing the patching, I cannot guarantee the person doing so will turn it off before patching using the remote execution built into SW. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I just with there was a script library built it you can choose from during execution. Idea? :-)

Thanks!

Glen Collins