[Spacewalk-list] OSA Status via Proxy

Glen Collins glenc2004 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 18 18:48:32 UTC 2014

Hello all. I'm wondering if there is a way to force an OSA ping from the
command line. Ever since I put a proxy in, the system status is not
displayed. Says, online but unknown. I checked all the usual things in
osa-dispatcher logs, jabber, osad and such and there are no errors that I
can see.

I'm not sure yet if they will check in on a regular basis but I'm
comfortable with sending a ping every once and a while to get around any
issues.

I noticed back in 2011 someone sent in a patch which added to the api to
include a sendOsaPing and getOsaPing, but it looks like it was never
adopted. It was located under the system api.

A forced ping from the GUI get the status but I want something that can be
done without user intervention. Any ideas? I've run out of them.

Thanks

Glen Collins