[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk and Redhat Satellite 6.x

Glen Collins glenc2004 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 19 22:11:34 UTC 2014

Hi all. I have what maybe a stupid question but I thought I'd ask anyways.

Since Redhat released Satellite 6.x and includes integration with puppet, git and other stuff, how will this affect Spacewalk. Will Satellite still take some of the features of Spacewalk or is it now a tree that is broken. Just curious how if any this will affect Spacewalk development. Yeah I know, I'm behind the time in news about it but hey, I'm left in a dark room to configure spacewalk so I don't get out much. :-)

Also too, this also maybe stupid. Does anyone know if the official Satellite server supports use of the spacewalk clients? I think I pretty much know the answer but I thought I'd ask because we do have a license for Satellite and wanted to use it but since we also have Oracle Linux, well that made the decision for me. Wish the two companies would play together again. :-(

Thanks all!

Glen Collins