[Spacewalk-list] Management of baselines

Matthew Madey mattmadey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 15:53:04 UTC 2014

This can easily be done, and I do something similar, but sync all Errata's
on a monthly basis on patch tuesday.

Create your baseline channel that is fully up to date. Sync this baseline
channel nightly, so it's always current, but don't keep any systems
subscribed to it. Clone that channel, and use the clone channel for
patching systems. If you want to add a single Errata to the cloned channel,
you simply go to Channels-->Manage Software Channels-->Your cloned
channel-->Errata then click Add. You'll see your baseline channel as the
source, and can pick and choose whatever Errata or packages you'd like to
add into your clone channel.

To refresh your clone channel on a monthly or quarterly basis, the easiest
way to do this is setup a channel mapping configuration file, and use
spacewalk-clone-by-date. Then you source your config file to that command
like such:

spacewalk-clone-by-date
--config=/etc/rhn/channel-maps/datacenter-channels-rhel6.conf -d 2014-10-14

The below document explains in detail how to setup this kind of
configuration.
https://access.redhat.com/node/469173/40/0

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Nicolas Michel <be.nicolas.michel at gmail.com