[Spacewalk-list] Advice on Repo Configuration

Net Warrior netwarrior863 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 15:52:40 UTC 2014

Hi there community.
I'd like an advice or suggestion regarding repository configuration, so let
me tell you what my issue is.
I have a couple of repo configured, and one of them is a centos one, with
the following configuration:

Centos 6.5 Main
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6.5/os/x86_64/
The updates:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6.5/updates/x86_64/

So far so good, now as all we know CentOS has a new Release 6.6, what I
notice is that I did not get any other update to the channel, so all my
clients will be stuck with 6.5.

My question is, is it sane to configure the channel that way and create
another one for the 6.6 ? or should I configure the channel to
automatically update to 6.6, for example, I have a server for testing
purposes conected directly to internet, and when the new 6.6 was released
when  I performed a yum update I was told there was a new release update,
so , how can I configure my channels to behave that way , if it the right
way to go or what it the best practice for this matter.

Thank for your time and support.
Best regards.