[Spacewalk-list] Problem retrieving data behind proxy with spacewalk-repo-sync

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Nov 28 07:37:40 UTC 2014

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro wrote:
% Hello friends, good morning
%
% Do you have problem when syncing packages from external proxy, but behind a
% proxy with squid (port 3128) ?!
%
% I just configure the /etc/rhn/rhn.conf setting proxy parameter, btw the
% parameter in this file is not replicated or "affected" in
% spacewalk-repo-sync script.
%
% I believe the spacewalk-repo-sync use by default http port (80), but in my
% environment, the http default port is blocked, only with access in port
% 3128.
%
% Is it possible configure the script to collect proxy info from default
% conf. file ?! (/etc/rhn/rhn.conf) ?! Or do you recommend a workaround to
% fix this issue ?!?!

# man spacewalk-repo-sync
       Additional configuration options for yum_src plugin can be  placed  in
       /etc/rhn/spacewalk-repo-sync/yum.conf.  You  may configure per-channel
       options as documented in yum.conf(5) manual page.
       Don't forget to put [main] section there.
# man yum.conf
       proxy     URL to the proxy server that yum should use.  Set  this  to
                 `libproxy' to enable proxy auto configuration via libproxy.
                 Defaults to direct connection.

       proxy_username    username to use for proxy

       proxy_password    password for this proxy
# cat >> /etc/rhn/spacewalk-repo-sync/yum.conf <<EOF
[main]
proxy=your.proxy.fqdn:3128
EOF

Michael Mráka