[Spacewalk-list] Adding a large configuration file to a configuration channel - Internal Server Error

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Nov 28 09:35:33 UTC 2014

Kristijan Savic - ratiokontakt GmbH wrote:
% I am trying to upload a large-ish (~25mb) file through the spacewalk
% web-interface. However I keep getting this message:
%
% "Internal Server Error
%
% The server experienced a problem which prevented your request from
% being filled out. It may not be possible to execute this action at
% this time."

Hello Kristijan,

Look for a detailed error message in /var/log/tomcat*/catalina.out or
/var/log/httpd/*error_log.

% What I have already tried:
% 1. Increasing maximum config file size in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf . I have
% set ti to 50mb:
%
% "web.maximum_config_file_size = 52428800
% maximum_config_file_size = 52428800"
%
% 2. Increasing the following values in php.ini:
%
% "post_max_size = 50M
% upload_max_filesize = 50M"

Spacewalk does not use php thus there's no reason to modify php.ini (and
even having php installed).

% Both did not have the desired result and the error message spacewalk
% provides has not changed.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat