[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.2 issue with ISS

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Oct 7 12:15:11 UTC 2014

Tony Dufour wrote:
% Anyone to give a hand with ISS ?
% Any kind of idea will be appreciated.
%
% Thanks a lot,
%
% Tony
%
% I have an issue while implementing ISS on my new Spacewalk 2.2 servers.
% Note that it was working well with my old Spacewalk 2.0 servers; I just re-installed the two servers with RHEL 6.5 and Spacewalk 2.2, instead of RHEL 5.10 and Spacewalk 2.0, but the hardware, network and IP configuration did not change at all.
% I checked the name resolution on both hosts, and network flow from Slave to Master (TCP 443), and all is OK.
%
% I followed the following guide to configure one master and one slave with default master:
% https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/ISSSyncPermissions
% (I exported manually the RHN-CA-CERT from Master to Slave)

Hi Tony,

Is RHN-CA-CERT really a cert file of your master? It sounds more like cert
file of rhn.redhat.com site. Spacewalk cert is typically in RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT.

% On my slave Spacewalk, on WebUI, in admin > ISS > Slave, I can see the exported organization from my master, so I guess the configuration is correct.
%
% By the way, when I perform a "satellite-sync --list-channels" command, I have the following error:
%
% ERROR: There was a problem communicating with the ISS Master.
%        Depending on the specific error details, please review your configuration,
%        basic network connectivity, and/or name resolution, and try again.
%        Error message:
% Error Message:
%     Server "spwlk02" is not enabled for ISS.

spwlk02 is master or slave server? Sync should be initiated on slave
side (pulling data from master).

% Error Class Code: 2004
% Error Class Info:
%      This satellite server is not allowed to use Inter Satellite Sync on this satellite
% Explanation:
%      An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
%      persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
%      If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
%      details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
%      details on how to reproduce this problem.
%
% Can someone assists me to have my ISS working back ?
%
% Thanks in advance and regards,
%
% Tony Dufour

You can also check log in /var/log/rhn/ both on master and slave if
there's something suspicious.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat