[Spacewalk-list] Step by Step - abrt with Spacewalk

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro waldirio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 02:36:49 UTC 2014

Friends, good morning

I was with some problems to configure abrt with Spacewalk, but after a
friends help and adding some information's, I believe be interesting share
this with you.

For a new machine with minimal installation, bellow what we have to
configure abrt to work well.

[root at node1 ~]# yum install abrt
[root at node1 ~]# yum install abrt-tui
[root at node1 ~]# yum install abrt-addon-ccpp
[root at node1 ~]# chkconfig abrtd on
[root at node1 ~]# service abrtd start
[root at node1 ~]# abrt-install-ccpp-hook install
[root at node1 ~]# abrt-install-ccpp-hook is-installed

In the line above, you should see "abrt-ccpp hook is installed"

Execute
[root at node1 ~]# ulimit -c unlimited

or just add in /etc/security/limits.conf lines bellow
###
* soft core unlimited
###

To work with abrt-cli generating different reports, you need install
packages bellow:

[root at node1 ~]# yum install sos
[root at node1 ~]# yum install libreport-plugin-mailx
[root at node1 ~]# yum install libreport-cli

libreport to send emails via report and generate a full report (abrt-cli
report). I believe be interesting define libreport-* as required to
abrt-tui package. List admins, if you believe be interesting, please tell
me and I'll open a new ticket.

Hope you enjoy this simple and short procedure.

B'Regards
Waldirio
msn: waldirio at gmail.com
Skype: waldirio