[Spacewalk-list] Weird issue with Spacewalk 2.2 GUI

Glen Collins glenc2004 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 16 20:53:13 UTC 2014

Hello all. I have a strange issue when creating a new channel and adding packages from another channel. What happens is when I create the new channel and go to

1) Package tab for that channel
2) Select add packages
3) Select channel I want to obtain the files from and click view packages
4) Use filter to get only a specific version number, click on the fish eye
5) Select the specific files I want in the new channel by using the button "Select All" or use the top most check mark
6) Click add package

And sometimes I get ALL the packages in the channel I'm obtaining the files from and sometimes I see only the files I filtered and selected. This is where I "approve" the addition. If I see the two files only, that's what's put in the channel. If I see all of them and I "approve" the addition, everything get put in the channel even though it says 1-2 of <total files>. I'm not sure how to diagnose this. I looked in all the log files I can think of. The only change I did was to use pgtune for postgres and place that config in my environment and added the patch to rhnChannel.py to fix the channel subscription issues.

Other than that, I have made no changes to SW.

Has anyone seen this? I'm using Google chrome Version 37.0.2062.124 m.

Thanks.

Glen Collins