[Spacewalk-list] Erratas

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro waldirio at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 02:43:06 UTC 2014

Friends, good morning

I´m analyzing / implementing a errata script from
https://github.com/liedekef/spacewalk_scripts and I have a conceptual doubt.

Imagine the scenario, I just installed a SW 2.2 and after I create a base
channel to CentOS 6.4 (syncing from repo). Now I'll implement the
ya-errata-import and I have to define a digest number, by default the
maximum days will be relative to one month (28 days if greater than this
value). In the scenario above I'll not found any errata to this environment
probably, because my packages are older then the erratas reference that I'm
just downloading.

Normally whats happen in RHN Satellite is the product download all erratas
available to the local database, these info are to all OS in the major
release (4, 5, 6 or 7).

My question is, do you believe be a good approach in the first moment
download all erratas to SW and after this sync, check just every day for
the last update ?!

Appreciate your comments.

B'Regards
Waldirio