[Spacewalk-list] Error when installing CentOS 7 from spacewalk server

Jones, Robert W. (Bob) (rwj5d) rwj5d at eservices.virginia.edu
Thu Oct 30 12:54:52 UTC 2014

On Oct 30, 2014, at 4:52 AM, Jonathan Hoser <jonathan.hoser at helmholtz-muenchen.de> wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> I have always *always* faced these issues (both with centos (5,6,7) and fedora (14-20));
> I resolved grabbing the spacewalk-client libs (+dependencies like the python-packages), creating a tar archive
> that I placed on [spacewalk]/pub/
> Which is fetched upon kickstarting, extracted and installed.
>
> Is a crude workaround, but does the trick for me.
>
> I've got a script creating these tar-archives for me,
> if you are interested, drop me an email…

That seems odd to me as I have no issue installing CentOS 6, this is just an issue with 7.  Having said that, please do send me your script to create the archive and the kickstart script you use to install them in case no other solution presents itself.

I think my problem may go deeper though because it can’t seem to find things like wget either and would give a message about it not being available if I don’t include the —ignoremissing on the packages in the kickstart file.  This is also not a problem on 6.  So, there seems to be some sort of deeper problem in my case.

—
Bob Jones
UNIX Systems Senior Engineer
ITS Systems and Storage Services