[Spacewalk-list] Where does Spacewalk end and puppet begins

Thomas Foster thomas.foster80 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 13:51:42 UTC 2014

Are you using virtualization in your environment?  If so are you using
templates?

Some of the common functionalities of Spacewalk that we use it for are
(kickstarts, patching (controlling which versions), verifying patches,
inventory..etc).  We use puppet for configuration management (everything is
configured through puppet..even joining spacewalk server).

Redhat is supposed to have a product (Satellite 6) that would integrate
Puppet, Foreman, Katello, Candlepin and some others to create a better
all-around solution for provisioning, patching and management.  You might
want to start there.

Hope it helps.