[Spacewalk-list] RHN Errata Issues

chris balcum cbalcum at millennialmedia.com
Fri Oct 31 18:56:10 UTC 2014

I’ll chime in with a script I wrote to update the errata. I have this run out of cron once a month - I also have my repos set to sync once a month, creating consistency between the errata and what I can apply. This works for CentOS6. You can probably remove the XML files related to Cent and just use the RH ones if you’re only working with RHEL.

#!/bin/bash
export SPACEWALK_USER=“username_here"
export SPACEWALK_PASS=“password_here”
cd /tmp/
rm -f errata-import.pl
wget -N "http://cefs.steve-meier.de/errata-import.tar"
tar -xf errata-import.tar
wget -N "http://cefs.steve-meier.de/errata.latest.xml"
wget -N "https://www.redhat.com/security/data/oval/com.redhat.rhsa-all.xml"
./errata-import.pl --server 127.0.0.1 --errata errata.latest.xml --publish
./errata-import.pl --server 127.0.0.1 --errata com.redhat.rhsa-all.xml --rhsa-oval --publish