[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.2 Osad - action-deploy - strangenesses?

Jonathan Hoser jonathan.hoser at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed Sep 3 07:41:56 UTC 2014

Dear all,

once again I'm puzzled and would like to fish for input:

After having (successfully) upgraded to 2.2, (client 2.2 also deployed
everywhere),
I have the puzzling situation with OSAD, that the clients connect,
and respond to pings (the usual way to test OSAD),
but is not send any action (package deploys/config compares/conf
deploys) - or doesn't see any.

So far I have tried:
-clearing the jabber-db
-restarting client-side OSAD (very-verbose)
-clearing all pending actions

What I can tell:
I see the ping-request, and the clients answer,
and the webgui updates accordingly.
But the client never sees (or gets) any of the scheduled actions (even
when running rhn_check manually).

The latter might be a second issue, or might be tightly connected to the
first,
as a yum update does the trick - as far as package-deploys/-updates go.

I'm was slightly reminded of Daniel Thielkings issue from a few weeks
ago where a command
wouldn't be picked up, but I haven't seen a solution to that yet...

Any hints, comments, suggestions or solutions are highly appreciated.

Best
-Jonathan

--
Jonathan Hoser, M.Sc.
Institute of Bioinformatics and System Biology

WWW: http://mips.helmholtz-muenchen.de

Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir´in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Günther Wess, Dr. Nikolaus Blum, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671