[Spacewalk-list] New spackewalk deployment

Jagga Soorma jagga13 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 02:31:21 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am new to spacewalk and was wondering how I should be deploying this
environment to make sure it scales appropriately.  I will eventually
have a couple thousand linux install's that I will have to manage via
spacewalk.  I was wondering if deploying spacewalk on a virtual
machine would work for this type of a scalibility?  Also, I am
assuming I should not deploy using the internal postgres db and a
external oracle db would be preferred.  Please let me know if that is
not the case.  Are there any limitations in spacewalk that I should be
aware of?

Looks like there is a proxy server as well.  What is the best use case
of a proxy server?  All of my servers that will be managed via
spacewalk are in the same site, so I was thinking a proxy might not be
needed unless there is limitation on how many nodes can a single
instance manage.

Thanks.