[Spacewalk-list] GPG key hosted on the spacewalk server via HTTP fails

Nicolas Michel be.nicolas.michel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 10:55:18 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm starting to try spacewalk (21). I configured the epel repository. When
trying to install some packages on the client OS configured with the
spacewalk repositories, it fails saying it can't find the GPG key:
    warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID
0608b895: NOKEY

    Public key for jabberpy-0.5-0.21.el6.noarch.rpm is not installed

I found the GPG here :
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6 and copied it on my
spacewalk server in /var/www/html/pub. So the URL is
https://my_spacewalk_server/pub/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6 (I can see it with my
browser so it is reachable).

Then on spacewalk I setup the:
- GPG key URL:*https://*my_spacewalk_server*/pub/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6*
- GPG key ID: *0608B895*
- GPG key Fingerprint: *8C3B E96A F230 9184 DA5C  0DAE 3B49 DF2A 0608 B895*

When trying to re-install the package, it still fails.

BUT, if I copy the key to the client serveur in
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6
AND setup the spacewalk channel "GPG key URL" to
file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6
THEN it works:

warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID
0608b895: NOKEY
Retrieving key from file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6
Importing GPG key 0x0608B895:
 Userid: "EPEL (6) <epel at fedoraproject.org>"
 From  : /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6
Is this ok [y/N]: n

=> why? Can't we import gpg key from HTTP? Will I need to copy the GPG key
on each client?

--
Nicolas MICHEL