[Spacewalk-list] Trying not to reinvent the wheel.....

Glen Collins glenc2004 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 19 14:56:41 UTC 2014

Thanks for the info all! I don't use the kickstart and probably never will. I'm just using SW as a patching server. It would be nice those, DEV's out there is there was a way in the API so that it was built in so you could just goto say:

http[s]://<sw server>/api/repo/centos-x86_64/

in a yum based system without the need to create a repo. It would contain the necessary repodata directory files and a link to the rpm's. Just use an existing known channel. Just a thought I wanted to throw out there. Don't know how complicated it would be or even if it can be done. But hey, why not ask.

Thanks again for all your assistance!

Glen Collins