[Spacewalk-list] Issue with creating kickstart distribution in spacewalk

amol pali amolpalikondawar at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 16:33:49 UTC 2014

Hi,
I have installed spacewalk latest version on my fedora20 machine. I created
fedora20 base channel and now want to create fedora20 kickstart
distribution. I have copied all fedora20 files to
/var/custom-disto/fedora20-disto directory.
When I try to create distribution with below details:

Distribution Label: fedora20-disto
Tree Path: /var/custom-disto/fedora20-disto/
Base Channel: fedora20
Installer Generation: Fedora

I get Internal Server Error on spacewalk GUI window(through browser). Below
line is being generated in the /var/log/messages with several other java
related erors.

localhost server: Caused by: redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: <class '
cobbler.cexceptions.CX'>:'--os-version for breed redhat must be one of
rhel2.1, rhel3, rhel4, rhel5, rhel6, rhel7, fedora5, fedora6, fedora7,
fedora8, fedora9, fedora10, fedora11, fedora12, fedora13, fedora14,
fedora15, fedora16, fedora17, fedora18, fedora19, fedora20, generic24,
generic26, virtio26, other, given was fedora.

>From the message it looks like I have to select Fedora20 in Instal
Generation but there is option of just Fedora.

If I select other OS in Install Generation like RHEL6 then distribution
gets created successfully but that might give me problem somewhere. So how
can I get rid of this issue?
Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Amol